1. Make a list of all the projects you want to do. Just because the items are on the list doesn't mean they will get done right away. But it's good to have it all down on paper. It will give you direction and purpose. After you write down all the projects, number them in order of importance. We started our home improvement journey with the bathroom upstairs. That bathroom is shared by both our daughters and it originally only had a stand-up shower. Since our girls were so young, we knew that that we needed a tub. And that's how the whole thing got started!
|Guest bath BEFORE- read more here|
|Guest Bath AFTER- read more here & here|
|This door used to be red, but we transformed our 'curb appeal' by painting it black. See it HERE.|
|One of my favorite projects-- when we had our entire house painted! |
Including this brick fireplace. Click HERE for my paint colors and tips.
|This was our biggest project- remodeling the master bath. See it HERE.|
According to Remodeling Magazine, home improvements that lead to the highest resale 'bang' are in the order that follows.
1. Kitchens and Baths- the most expensive parts to remodel, but where people spend the most time.
2. Home Maintenance- keep the structure sound, then work on the luxuries.
3. Curb Appeal- it's not always what is on the inside that counts!
4. Space-every 1000 feet boosts the sale price by more than 30 percent.
5. Bells and Whistles- a dedicated space for hobbies/entertainment is a trend that is here to stay.
|My craft room- see more here.|
|Want more tips for creating a home you love? See here.|
|Adding design details to your backyard- see it HERE.|
|Tin accent wall for our backyard- see it HERE.|
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Like this post? Join the thousands of other readers that have subscribed to Crafty Texas Girls.
Click below to get your free subscription delivered directly to your inbox.
Subscribe to crafty texas girls
Keep in Touch with Crafty Texas Girls
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Blog
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
All photos and text on craftytexasgirls.com are copyright protected. You may not copy entire articles or posts (even with a link) without my express written permission. Email any requests or links used to email@example.com.