And since love is patient and January can be dull, I like to start gathering my ideas now. So take notes, here are my five of my personal best Valentine crafts for celebrating the day that is all about saying “I love you!”And the best part is, once you make them, you can use them year after year!
1. Valentine Wreath- Using one wire hanger from your closet, form it into the shape of a heart. Tie a small chalkboard, found at any craft store, to the top. You can use jute twine hot glued to the back of the chalkboard to attach it to the hanger. Then have your little Valentine write the word ‘love’ on the board. To finish the project, clip plain clothespins around your heart.
More Valentine ideas, click below!
2. LOVE Banner- Gather your stiff red felt and your computer. Using your favorite font, mine is American Typewriter, spell out the word ‘love’ in all large capital letters. Then print and use the letters as a stencil to cut the red felt. Hot glue the red letters to twine or ribbon and display on the mantle, pantry door or a hutch.
3. Who Doesn’t Love Jewelry?- But why wait around for someone to give it to you. Instead make your own! Using large wooden beads, thread them onto satin ribbon. Tie a knot in between each bead and then tie a big bow at the end. Long or short, this is a fun accessory to make and wear.
4. Chandy Décor- Cut small hearts out of scrapbook paper. Glue the hearts together on strings of jute twine and then tie them to your chandelier. Vary the lengths of string and mix together an assortment of prints for more interest. So cute, you won’t even need a fancy centerpiece!
5. Valentine Cupcakes- Stock up on all those mini-candy canes now, soon they’ll be gone! Then bake a batch of your favorite cupcakes. Ice them as desired and then use two little candy canes to form a heart. Your little ones will melt over these minty-topped cupcakes.
|Felt Envelope- craftytexasgirls.com|
|Mardi Gras Valentine- craftytexasgirls.com|
|Upcycled Valentine Wreath- made from toilet paper rolls!- craftytexasgirls.com|
|Heart Cinnamon Rolls- craftytexasgirls.com|
Like this post?
Subscribe to crafty texas girls
-Home Stories A to Z
-Tatertots and Jello
-The 36th Avenue
All photos and text on craftytexasgirls.com are copyright protected. You may not copy entire articles or posts (even with a link) without my express written permission. Email any requests or links used to firstname.lastname@example.org.