I don't like to go 'over the top'. But after years of teaching elementary school, I feel I just have to change up the house a bit for each holiday. A few red hearts can go along way and make your home feel festive for February 14th. Downstairs, I kept with a red, black and white theme. Upstairs, the girls have a little V-day decor in pastel colors. Some of our Valentines decorations are old favorites that are handmade. This year I made a few new additions :) Come along and take a peek inside my house and gather some ideas for decorating your home for Valentine's Day.
1. Simple Valentine Wreath- To make your own, wrap a straw wreath with several strips of fabric. Secure with straight pins. Add some scrapbook paper hearts to the bottom with a few dots of hot glue.
2. Button Heart Art on a Mini Canvas- this black and white is on my desk downstairs. (I adore black and white!) And my daughter made a pastel one in her room upstairs. See how to make your own with supplies I found at your local craft store by clicking (here).
3. LOVE Banner- make this using stiff felt and a stencil. Thread ribbon through the letters to hang. See more on making a LOVE banner (here) .
4. Heart Garland - I made these a few years ago to hang from the chandelier. But this year I decided to add them to the dining room chairs. My girls think it makes our table look 'like a party'. Festive!
See how I made my heart garland with scrapbook paper and jute twine (here).
5. Valentine Envelope- This is my girls favorite Valentine tradition. The week leading up to Valentines, I leave 'love notes' in this envelope for them. They love checking the mail each morning to see what is inside. I made the envelope from stiff felt, you can see the tutorial (here).
6. Framed Valentine Printable- This is an easy one! Just print our your favorite Valentine printable and add it to a red frame. My frame is from Hobby Lobby, the printable art is (here) .
7. A Heart for David- And this guy, well since Maisy talks to him almost everyday, I thought it would be fun if he got dressed up for the holiday. This is his heart 'toga'. I think he likes it, and Maisy got a kick out of it. (His toga is actually 'heart garland' - shhh don't tell!)
Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?
Come find more 'love day' inspiration on The Scoop Valentine Tour.
Click below to visit other blogger's home and see their favorite ideas for Valentines.
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Like this post? Join the thousands of other readers that have subscribed to Crafty Texas Girls.
Click below to get your free subscription delivered directly to your inbox.
Subscribe to crafty texas girls
Keep in Touch with Crafty Texas Girls
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Blog
All photos and text on craftytexasgirls.com are copyright protected. You may not copy entire articles or posts (even with a link) without my express written permission. Email any requests or links used to email@example.com.