When I saw these 'cracked' eggs, I knew I had found it!
- 1 dozen eggs (we mixed brown and white)
- potting soil
- grass or flower seeds
-egg carton with the top cut off
1. Crack off the top of your eggs and rinse them out.
You can save the 'insides' and use them to bake a lot of cookies.
2. Place the eggs back in the carton. Afton really liked those eggs in a pattern :)
3. Before adding the soil, pre-water it. I scooped a couple of cups of soil into a bowl, added water and mixed. Then, gently spoon the potting soil into the eggs.
4. Sprinkle some seeds in the eggs. Cover with a bit of soil.
We did 4 with grass seed, 4 with marigold seeds, 4 with zinnia seeds.
The seeds take about 2 weeks to grow, so they should arrive just in time for Easter. We are keeping them outdoors and will sprinkle them with water as needed.